Are your trying to find fast college degrees without sacrificing the quality of your education? Me, too!
That’s why I started this website highlighting universities with Accelerated Degree Programs.
After spending an entire year in night school, I only had 12 credit hours to show for my efforts.
It didn’t take me long to realize that it would take me a minimum of 8 years of night school to earn my bachelor’s degree. No, thanks!
How to Find Accelerated Degrees
The first place to find an accelerated degree program is likely your local college.
Most community colleges (and some 4-year universities) offer a couple of fast-track programs. The only problem with that is– you are typically limited in your choice of degree programs.
For example, I found a couple of programs within 25 minutes of my home, but none of the local colleges offered bachelor’s degrees since they were junior colleges.
So, I took my search online… and found dozens of online programs offering accelerated classes.
Although I was searching for online Bachelor’s programs at the time, there are also a large number of accelerated master’s and doctoral degree programs online as well.
How to Accelerate Your Degree
There are a number of ways to accelerate your degree, most of which are outlined below.
The key is finding and comparing colleges offering these degrees to find out which one best matches your goals and interests.
Currently, there are two accredited universities offering accelerated classes online: Walden University and Kaplan University. Both universities are regionally accredited, the highest level of accreditation possible in the United States.
Walden University offers 8-week accelerated classes online and over 50 online degrees, while Kaplan University offers 10-week accelerated online classes and over 180 online programs. You can compare the two universities in more detail below:
Walden University – Accelerated 8-week Online Classes
Walden University is regionally accredited, the highest level of accreditation possible.
Accelerated degree programs: Walden University offers 8-week online classes. Since traditional semesters are usually 16 weeks long, you can see the benefit of enrolling in an 8-week class: you earn your college credits MUCH faster.
Walden University offers accredited online Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctorate degrees online.
Over 50 online degrees in over 200 areas of concentration are available in fields such as:
- Business / Accounting / Finance (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate)
- Management / Leadership (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate)
- Political Science (Bachelor’s)
- Health Studies / Health Care Management (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate)
- Psychology / Forensic Psychology / Clinical Psychology (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate)
- Communications (Bachelor’s)
- Child Development / Child Studies (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate)
- Computer Information Systems / Information Technology (Bachelor’s, Master’s)
- Criminal Justice / Homeland Security / Public Policy (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate)
- Education / Teaching (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate)
Kaplan University is regionally accredited, the highest level of accreditation possible.
Kaplan University offers accredited online Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees online.
One thing you can be sure of with Kaplan, you will have no trouble finding a degree that appeals to you.
Kaplan University offers nearly 190 online programs. Obviously, we can’t include all of these programs here, but we will give you a general idea:
Online Degree Programs (this list is not exhaustive, see complete list here: Kaplan University)
- Accounting / Forensic Accounting (Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s)
- Business Administration / Finance / All Related Concentrations (Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s)
- Criminal Justice – numerous concentrations available (Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s)
- Fire Science (Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s)
- Information Technology (Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s)
- Medical Assisting (Associate’s) / Medical Office Mgmt. (Associate’s) / Medical Transcription (Associate’s)
- Paralegal Studies (Associate’s, Bachelor’s) / Legal Studies (Bachelor’s) / PreLaw (Bachelor’s)
- Psychology / Forensic Psychology (Bachelor’s, Master’s)
- Public Administration (Bachelor’s, Master’s)
- Health Club Operations / Travel Counseling / Event Planning (Associate’s)
- Environmental Policy and Management (Bachelor’s)
- Health and Wellness (Bachelor’s) / Health Science (Bachelor’s) / Healthcare Administration (Bachelor’s)
- Nutrition Science (Bachelor’s)
- Political Science (Bachelor’s)
- Public Health (Bachelor’s)
- Education / Teaching
- MBA (7 concentrations)
- MPA (multiple concentrations)
- RN to BS in Nursing
- RN to MS in Nursing
Ways to Accelerated Your Degree
There are several types of accelerated programs, but they usually fall into one of these categories:
- Fast Track Programs
- 1 Year Programs
- Accelerated Classes (5-week, 6-week, and 8-week being the most common)
- Credit for life experience (some colleges allow you to create a portfolio of prior experience. I received credit for 6 classes this way)
- Credit by examination (earn credits by testing out of specific classes)
Keep in mind, accelerated classes do not equate to low-quality classes.
Most of the universities offering accelerated classes have traditional university campuses and just happen to offer accelerated online classes as a convenience to their students.